Friends of Montclair Railroad Trail
Friends of Montclair RR Trail is a community-based group of trail users, neighbors and supporters who value the historic trail and wish to create a lasting natural legacy for future generations to enjoy.
Our website provides a variety of information for members and the community. We hope you will consider joining Friends of Montclair RR Trail as both a member and a volunteer.
Friends of Montclair Railroad Trail (FOMRRT) is a tax exempt
509 (a)3 non-profit organization. IRS EIN 27-1808753
How to Find the Trail See map...
1. Montclair Village behind the Montclair Parking Garage
6235 LaSalle Ave, Oakland, CA 94611 between La Salle Ave and Medau Pl.; (access via ramp or stairs).
2. Behind McCaulou's Parking Lot
6211 Medau Pl, Oakland; a gentle ramp and no stairs. The trail ends in the residential area of Shepherd Canyon at Saroni Drive.
3. Paso Robles Dr. at Bishops Court off Shepherd Canyon Road.
4. City of Oakland Corporation Yard, across from Fire Station 24 on Shepherd Canyon Rd.
Parking: i) Montclair Village Parking Garage - 6325 LaSalle, Oakland (free parking on Sundays)
ii) Shepherd Canyon Neighborhood - Street parking on Paso Robles Drive
For the safety and enjoyment by everyone, please:
• Do not smoke or use fire on or near the trail
• Keep dogs on a 6’ or shorter leash (OMC#6.04.070)
• Pick up dog waste each and every time – even if off-trail.
Dog waste impacts water quality and damages our local ecosystems
• Dispose of any and all litter and dog waste in trash receptacles
• Keep noise levels to a minimum, to respect nearby residents
• Bicyclists: yield to pedestrians.
Call out when passing pedestrians & then pass to the left (OMC#12.60.020)
• Do not collect mushrooms, plants or other natural material
• To report a safety hazard, call: 510-615-5566
• To report an emergency from your cell phone, call: 510-777-3211
NEWS & EVENTS
SATURDAY TRAIL WORKDAY - May 18th
Meet: Cortereal Ave. cul-de-sac
Time: 9am - 11am
Thistles and invasive weeds and grasses are taking over! We will be weeding out thistles, ivy, and vinca.
Thistles have lots of stickers - wear long pants and sturdy shoes - and bring your sturdiest gloves if you have them. Be prepared for working in cool wet weather and bring refillable water bottle. We'll have water, extra gloves, and tools.
Workdays Join us on a Trail Work Day (usually) on the 3rd Saturday of every month from 9 am to 11 am. Rain or Shine!!
Click here to receive a reminder on location and time.
NEW BOARD ELECTED in April - Our Annual Membership meeting on April 13th included an election of the new FOMRRT board.
The board members are:
OUR 2018 ACCOMPLISHMENTS
It took a village, but your efforts and contributions have
created an improved trail experience for everyone!
Thank you! Click here for the details...
Get Help To Have a Fire-Safe Home
Matching grants up to $5,000 are available to Alameda and Contra Costa residents, neighborhoods, and local groups to help them create Defensible Space. Apply to Diablo Firesafe Council
Lower the Water Use in Your Garden!
Click here for tips from Soils Scientist Steve Andrews ...
Next Board Meeting: June 5, 2019 @ 6:30pm
The board usually meets the 1st Wednesday of the month @ 6:30pm. The public is welcome to attend. Please contact us for location.
Planting in Harmony with Our Oak Woodland Oasis- Download our brochure on planting tips.