Friends of Montclair Railroad Trail
Friends of Montclair RR Trail is a community-based group of trail users, neighbors and supporters who value the historic trail and wish to create a lasting natural legacy for future generations to enjoy.
Our website provides a variety of information for members and the community. We hope you will consider joining Friends of Montclair RR Trail as both a member and a volunteer.
Friends of Montclair Railroad Trail (FOMRRT) is a tax exempt 509(a)3 non-profit organization. IRS EIN 27-1808753
How to Find the Trail See map...
1. Montclair Village behind the Montclair Parking Garage
6235 LaSalle Ave, Oakland, CA 94611 between La Salle Ave and Medau Pl.; (access via ramp or stairs).
2. Behind McCaulou's Parking Lot
6211 Medau Pl, Oakland; a gentle ramp and no stairs. The trail ends in the residential area of Shepherd Canyon at Saroni Drive.
3. Paso Robles Dr. at Bishops Court off Shepherd Canyon Road.
4. City of Oakland Corporation Yard, across from Fire Station 24 on Shepherd Canyon Rd.
Parking: i) Montclair Village Parking Garage - 6325 LaSalle, Oakland (free parking on Sundays)
ii) Shepherd Canyon Neighborhood - Street parking on Paso Robles Drive
For the safety and enjoyment by everyone, please:
• Do not smoke or use fire on or near the trail
• Keep dogs on a 6’ or shorter leash (OMC#6.04.070)
• Pick up dog waste each and every time – even if off-trail.
Dog waste impacts water quality and damages our local ecosystems
• Dispose of any and all litter and dog waste in trash receptacles
• Keep noise levels to a minimum, to respect nearby residents
• Bicyclists: yield to pedestrians.
Call out when passing pedestrians & then pass to the left (OMC#12.60.020)
• Do not collect mushrooms, plants or other natural material
• To report a safety hazard, call: 510-615-5566
• To report an emergency from your cell phone, call: 510-777-3211
NEWS and EVENTS
NEXT TRAIL WORKDAY
3rd SATURDAY February 15th
Save the date - Please join us for an hour or two!
Location: Cortereal Avenue cul-de-sac near the tunnel
Date: Saturday, February 15th
Time: 9am to 11am
There will be activities for everyone regardless of skill level.
Wear long sleeves & pants, sturdy shoes - hat & sunscreen if you need. We will provide tools, gloves and water. If you have a favorite hand-tool and a refillable water bottle, bring them along!
Saturday Workdays Join us on a Trail Work Day (usually) on the 3rd Saturday of every month from 9 am to 11 am. Send an e-mail address if you would like to receive notices of our monthly Saturday workdays. We meet rain or shine!
Click here to receive a reminder on location and time.
OUR 2018 ACCOMPLISHMENTS