Friends of Montclair Railroad Trail
Friends of Montclair RR Trail is a community-based group of trail users, neighbors and supporters who value the historic trail and wish to create a lasting natural legacy for future generations to enjoy.
Our website provides a variety of information for members and the community. We hope you will consider joining Friends of Montclair RR Trail as both a member and a volunteer. (Memberships & Donations here)
Friends of Montclair Railroad Trail (FOMRRT) is a 501c(3) non-profit organization. IRS EIN 27-1808753
For the safety and enjoyment by everyone, please:
• Do not smoke or use fire on or near the trail
• Keep dogs on a 6’ or shorter leash (OMC#6.04.070)
• Pick up dog waste each and every time – even if off-trail.
• Dispose of any and all litter and dog waste in trash receptacles
• Keep noise levels to a minimum, to respect nearby residents
• Bicyclists: yield to pedestrians.
Call out when passing pedestrians & then pass to the left (OMC#12.60.020)
• Do not collect mushrooms, plants or other natural material
• To report a safety hazard, call: 510-615-5566
• To report an emergency from your cell phone, call: 510-777-3211
How to Find the Trail See map...
1. Behind the Montclair Parking Garage, Montclair Village
6235 LaSalle Ave, Oakland, CA 94611 (via ramp or stairs)
2. Behind McCaulou's Parking Lot
6211 Medau Pl, Oakland, CA 94611 (via gentle ramp & no stairs.)
3. Paso Robles Dr. at Bishops Court off Shepherd Canyon Road.
4. City of Oakland Corporation Yard parking lot
5921 Shepherd Canyon Rd. opposite Fire Station 24 (via steep fire trail at yellow gate)
> The trail ends in the residential area of Shepherd Canyon at Saroni Drive.<
Montclair Village Parking Garage - 6325 LaSalle, Oakland (free parking on Sundays)
Shepherd Canyon Neighborhood - Street parking on Paso Robles Drive
NEWS and EVENTS
PG&E's Restoration Project Has Really Taken Hold! See more under the "Projects" tab.
WORKDAYS Have RESUMED
Volunteers are welcome to work on the trail.
(by invitation only)
Please contact us if you wish to be on our workday volunteer list.
Covid protocols will be followed.
Social Distancing is Important
it's always OK to wave and say "hello" to fellow trail walkers.
WILDFIRE SAFETY & INSPECTIONS
Reflections & Accomplishments